Based on satellite data from six geostationary satellites Cb-global.
- identifies and tracks thunderstorms with highest precision
- provides a forecast up to one hour (= nowcasting).
- discriminates different development stages like e.g. rapid vertical cloud growth, mature thunderstorms, and turbulent clouds related to thunderstorms
in addition, lightning data are used to identify lightning cells
What are the Cb-global special features?
- near real time situational awareness
- up to 5 minutes update rates of detection and nowcasting
- global coverage of consistent thunderstorm information
- reliability proven and confirmed by aviation customers with highest requirements
How is the Cb-global information available?
- Output of thunderstorms as hazard objects including attributes like cloud top height, moving speed, moving direction …
- Self-explanatory graphics on geographical maps
- GML/XML data which are easy to implement in your displays and systems